Where have I been all day?
What do you mean?
I’ve been out having a fabulous day, that’s where I’ve been.
Just like Ferris would have wanted me to.
First, I went to Victoria’s Secret and tried on underwear.
Then I had an iced latte.
Then I danced for a while. Afterwards, I took a shower and gave myself a cool hairdo.
In case you haven’t heard, Ferris Bueller has made it to the Semi-Finals of Clay Morgan‘s March Movie Madness tournament.
Now Ferris needs your support (again) to make it to the finals of this Best Movie Protagonist competition.
Ferris is up against some stiff competition, namely Westley from The Princess Bride. I can hear you moaning now. Some of you are bound to love The Princess Bride. I know. It’s a great flick, but I have serious reasons as to why Westley needs to go down.
- Westley has a mustache that looks like a third eyebrow.
- Westley has a decidedly un-sexy ponytail.
- Westley is “mostly dead” for much of the movie.
Seriously is this the kind of hero you want to come out on top? Don’t get me wrong, Westley has some witty lines, but I don’t think he is really an epic hero.
So why should you vote for Ferris Bueller?
- Ferris is always alive during the entire movie. He is never even partially dead.
- Ferris is always there for his friends and his love.
- Ferris is never attacked by Rodents of Unusual Size. In fact, Ferris would have been able to charm the rodents and make them love him.
- Ferris is able to do something to the time/space continuum so that he was able to do more than any one person could do in a single day. That’s because Ferris is magic.
- Ferris does everything we wish we could have done but were too afraid to do — and he never gets caught.
- And of course, there’s the whole joie de vivre/seize the day/live life to the fullest because you might not be here tomorrow thing.
So this is (almost) it.
Click over and SAVE FERRIS one more time. You have until noon EST Saturday to do it.
Should Ferris win the whole thing, I will sing a song with all the names of the people who helped bring me to that final victory. So if you’d like to hear your name in song… SAVE FERRIS.
Enjoy this clip my family helped me make to show you how much I am in it to win it.
On an unrelated note, what are you wearing right now?
Tweet this Twit @rasjacobson